Seriously, if you are spiritual, have a look. If you are an atheist, have a look. What she says about her stroke is a perfect connection between spirituality and the physical body. So often we have discussions about spiritual matters without thinking about the anatomy involved. Or we discuss the brain based on studies and not personal experience. Here we have personal experience, a spiritual experience/stroke experience, from a PhD neuroanatomist who lived to tell about it.
What is missing from the Ted Talk and is in her book is just how incredibly hard it was for Taylor to come back. In a complete rejection of the standard model, Taylor took eight years before she was able to do math again. Under the standard model (one year) she would never have recovered. Watch her TED talk here: Author of My Stroke of Insight.
- Jill Bolte Taylor’s Stroke of Insight (ritholtz.com)
- Day 18: Stroke of Insight (ashleighpenrod.com)
- Insight into Stroke – Jill Bolte Taylor Ph.D. (epilepsymeandneurology.wordpress.com)
- A Stroke of Insight (lifeandequinimity.wordpress.com)
- Does Our Planet Need a Stroke of Insight? (jtm71.wordpress.com)
- TED reaches its billionth video view! (ted.com)
- The 20 most-watched TED Talks to date (ted.com)
- Richard W. Besdine, M.D.: My Insights Into Stroke Prevention (huffingtonpost.com)
- Linda Buzzell: Neuroscientist Says Green Consciousness Is in Right Brain (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor: Does Our Planet Need A Stroke of Insight? (huffingtonpost.com)