Oh, come on, you know this one.
What can you do every day that will add three years to your life?
Eat your fruits and vegetables.
But what if you smoke? Doesn’t matter.
What if you’re overweight? Doesn’t matter.
Man vs. woman? Nope?
What if you get exercise? Does not matter.
People who never ate fruits and vegetables died three years sooner than those who ate their five servings a day. Here’s the study.
Now, what drug or supplement can you take that will give you that sort of result? You can’t, it doesn’t exist.
We have nothing that will give everyone a boost of three years of life. Maybe if you have a life threatening disease, you can take a specific pill that will support you, but it won’t work on your entire family. But eating your five servings a day will help everyone.
But you can’t eat five a day? Guess what, eating just one serving a day gave you an average of 19 months more life. So start now.
- Eat Fruits and Vegetables for a Longer Life (examiner.com)
- Eating Fruits and Vegetables Tied to Longer Life (nlm.nih.gov)
- Five fruit and veg a day helps you to live an extra three years (express.co.uk)
- Study: Skip Fruits & Veggies, Die Younger (detroit.cbslocal.com)
- Fruit And Veg “5 a Day” Advice Backed By New Findings (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Five-a-day to add three years to your life (thesun.co.uk)
- Meat, meat & a side of meat (redemptivenutrition.wordpress.com)
- You are what your mother eats (wall2wallnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Eating Tips (dennisalexander827.wordpress.com)
- YouGov research shows that mothers are failing to give their families a healthy diet as less than a third say their children eat the recommended five-a-day (dailymail.co.uk)