I was looking at Dr. Oz‘s detoxification diet, which was written up by Dr. Hyman, (shorthand: go off dairy, see if you lose weight, go back on dairy) when I saw a link to diagnosing illness by the color of your poop. I clicked through and got a nice chart of what colors might mean what. Here’s the link.
As of this writing, no one is listed as an author for the poop chart. So I would suppose that Dr. Oz put it up himself?
The problem is that a number of people will misdiagnose themselves with something based on this chart. Beets or too much red meat will also make stool red, charcoal detox can make it black, and eating greens tends to make your poop green.
But I’m mostly curious as to why no one is credited with the poop chart. And now my automatic tagging thingy has listed a common tag for this topic to be “Gwyneth Paltrow?” Really?
Yes, well, evidently Gwyneth Paltrow is here to give Dr. Oz competition in the poop department. I had no idea that Gwyneth was so kind to share her complete poop goop recipe with the rest of us. I learned something today, but I’d still like to know if Dr. Oz made the poop chart at home or who did.
Here, for your time-wasting pleasure, is a major actress sharing her poop goop. I didn’t watch the whole video, and neither should you unless you plan to make the goop yourself.
- Dr. Oz Discussion of the HCG Diet: Difference In Muscle Mass? (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz preview: From Paleo diet belly blasters to Ayurvedic fat fighters (examiner.com)
- Dr. Oz Tells You The Best Vitamins. (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)
- #Fitness2013: Why Dr. Oz is so relevant? And needed! (lifestyle30.wordpress.com)
- I Wouldn’t Eat Cereal out of that Bowl. (tuesday2.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz Tells You The Best Vitamins. (michaelgrist.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz Says You Can Use Diet And Exercise To Flatten Your Belly? (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)