As someone with a common name, I have a great deal of name pride. Most of the Christopher Maloneys out there are doing an amazing job and tend to be stand up folks.
But X Factor‘s Christopher Maloney has run into some trouble lately. Despite looking about to pass out during his audition, Christopher had a history of previously singing on cruise ships. Now, maybe he considers singing before an international audience of millions a bit more of a challenge than a couple dozen diners, but still he seemed to have a bit more stage fright than one would expect.
Evidently X Factor viewers have taken a dislike to him, sending him death threats and telling him to kill himself. He took a break from Twitter as a result, but you have to wonder about people. I’ve received more than my own share of nasty anonymous correspondence, and I wonder at the level of vitriol people bottle up to spew out on people who are basically strangers to them.
Now Christopher Maloney of X Factor has been accused by a former cruise ship worker of assault. It’s a little interesting how her story came out in the press, and she herself says that he was only reprimanded for what sounds like a serious crime. Either the cruise ship allows some pretty dicey activity, or she has spiced up her story a bit to make it sell.
So I’m going to reserve judgment for now.
- Christopher Maloney Gets Death Threats: Is It Time To Say Goodbye To The X Factor? (contactmusic.com)
- X Factor’s Christopher Maloney quits Twitter amid ‘death threats’ (itv.com)
- Christopher Maloney accused of violence against women; he denies it (examiner.com)
- christopher maloney receives death threats (thesun.co.uk)
- Louis Tomlinson slams ‘X Factor’ contestant Christopher Maloney: ‘He has to go’ (examiner.com)
- X Factor’s Christopher Maloney leaves Twitter after ‘death threats’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- “I’ll hunt him down and kill him”: X Factor star Christopher Maloney receives chilling death threats (mirror.co.uk)
- X Factor Christopher Maloney held back tears as bookies predict an exit (itv.com)
- Only Gary Barlow can save X Factor – by voting off Christopher Maloney (mirror.co.uk)
- “I can win this”: X Factor voters giving Christopher Maloney belief (mirror.co.uk)