Holistic Health Secrets seems to be a shorthand for “supplements you should take.” More specifically, it relates directly to “supplements you should take if you happen to be Dr. Andrew Weil.” Taking these supplements if you were say, a child of fourteen, would not necessarily be the best choice.
Here are the five holistic health secrets.
Red Yeast Extract and Niacin– If you have high cholesterol, these are decent options. The red yeast extract has all the benefits and possible side effects of the statin drugs. Niacin has fewer side effects, but can result in a flushing response that many people find intolerable.
40 mg of fiber- The method of getting fiber, eating lots of fruit, meets all my wishes for a good recommendation.
Antioxidants: beta carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, COQ10 – If you’ve read the End To Illness, Dr. Agus does a very good job of pointing out that these cocktails of synthetic vitamins may not benefit anyone. I prefer the fruit and vegetable recommendation instead.
Gratitude journal and 4-7-8 breathing. I think the first thing in my gratitude journal would be that I don’t have to master the complicated, and frankly odd, 4-7-8 breathing. I’m switching it around below.
Simplifying the five holistic health secrets and making them more globally useful.
1) Eat only good fats, in reasonable quantity. These will provide the raw materials you need for brain function, as well as provide you with the raw materials to avoid high cholesterol levels by providing you with high density lipoproteins to head things off before they start.
2) Eat fruits and vegetables as if it’s your job. Seriously, your grocery basket should be pretty full by the time you exit the produce section of the supermarket. Looking into your grocery basket tells you everything you need to know about how your health is this week.
3) Learn to breath. We all need a refresher course from time to time. Breath in for a count of four, hold for a count of four, and exhale forcefully for a count of four. Try 4-4-4 breathing every time you get stressed by the world (which is, for most of us, constantly).
- The Feeding Tube Diet: A Magical Weight-Loss Solution? | The Dr. Oz Show (humanbodyengineer.wordpress.com)
- NYC Chiropractor Dr Steven Shoshany Talks About Chiropractic Treatment on The Dr. Oz Show (prweb.com)
- EyeBuyDirect.com Featured on “The Dr. Oz Show” for Cost-Saving Secrets from Doctors’ Office (prweb.com)
- Dr. Oz show: your favorite fattening meals transformed into fat-fighting feasts (examiner.com)
- Zerona, Body Contouring Device, is Featured on The Dr. Oz Show (prweb.com)
- Dr. Oz enlists EMR company to produce city’s health report card (medcitynews.com)
- Dr. heals cancer, blindness with prayer (newsnet5.com)
- Alternative Health Trends for 2012 Examining Dr. Oz’s Predictions (alternativendhealth.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz co-hosts ‘Rachael Ray show’ Monday to serve up health tips (examiner.com)
- Andrew Weil, M.D. (johnnysized.com)
- Join Me 3/27 in a Virtual Tea with Dr. Weil and Philip Vasyli (shibleysmiles.com)
- Discussing Healthy Habits with Andrew Weil, MD and Podiatrist Phillip Vasyli (nycitymama.com)
- Local Holistic Health Clinic Provides Free Headache and Migraine Screening for Causes of Pain (prweb.com)
- My Chia Seed Breakfast (juicybites.net)
- Superhealthy Dessert: Recipe for Chocolatey Coconut Chia Pudding (eco-chick.com)
- Holistic Health in America [infographic] (wholesome.it)
- Introducing Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Bright Skin Illuminating Range (joeychong.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Weil (janawillworkforbooks.blogspot.com)
- Holistic Health Daily (forgetthepain.net)
- Fast food fan? Dr. Andrew Weil warns what to avoid (examiner.com)
- Could Changing Your Mood Be as Easy as Changing What You Eat? (bellasugar.com)
- 4 fabulous snacks for weight loss from holistic Dr. Andrew Weil (examiner.com)