Although no one has yet written the best selling book on EFT and dieting, it’s just a matter of time. How do you rid yourself of guilt and fear around food? How do you cope with the anxiety surrounding not eating as much of your food as you’d like? We all know that we are not, in fact, starving. But as soon as someone thinks about starting a diet, they are likely to end up at Friendly’s with amnesia and everything on the menu.
Anyone who follows my blogs knows I really like intuitive, individualized eating plans. I really dislike anyone claiming to have all the answers, unless the answers include: “now eat like this for the rest of your life.” But adding EFT to any diet program is going to make it more successful. And it should help with all the guilt when you fall off the wagon again. (Key to success: never get on the wagon. Stay on the ground where you don’t fall as far. Then take little steps in the right direction).
Dr. Oz has an introduction to EFT on his website, which links to Dr. Mercola.
I should say at the outset that EFT is free and harmless except if you do it in public, which makes you look like – well, an idiot with issues. So if you’re doing it in public, do it with friends and preferably to music. Then all the hipsters will start copying you, television cameras will show up, and a troop of Republican candidates for president will arrive and start kissing babies. Well, it could happen.
If nothing else, tapping will make you look like a monkey and get a laugh. At best, it will help you reframe how you deal with food. Here’s a quote from Mercola’s site: “A very common occurrence that will present itself is when you start to tap for a food craving you will have a memory of an image, person, place or event that the craving reminds you of. When you are doing the tapping sequences you will want to pay special attention to these usually negative thoughts or images that come up. Carefully listen for any statements that your subconscious is telling you are not right or true for you.”
And, if you want to look foolish with someone online, we have at least one EFT weight loss blog: http://eftweightlosstips.com/
Best of luck! Now get out there and smack yourselves repeatedly (but gently) in the face!
- “Miracle” Tapping Technique EFT Found to Help Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma and Pain in Reduced Timescales. Workshops Now Offered (prweb.com)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques – a natural toddler tranquilizer? (kindermusikwithamandajoy.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Freedom Technique? (geneveith.com)
- The essence of EFT and EMDR (hshere23.wordpress.com)
- The Healing Bug… (rashelbell.wordpress.com)
- Treat the basis Result in within your Dilemma (foodstaycation.com)
- Hello world! (transformationalhealingwitheft.wordpress.com)
- How I Expanded the Demographic of My Niche Blog to Include Every Person Online (problogger.net)
- Weight loss – getting it right (marilyntuck.wordpress.com)
- Ten Tips to Increase Happiness and Build Confidence (balanceandpowerblog.com)
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) (ilifebox.wordpress.com)