I think the people who just clicked on this post because they thought it was a joke are in for a rude surprise.
I wish I didn’t need to teach people to breathe, and I REALLY wish that we all learned to breathe when we were in school. If I hadn’t taken chorus with a really good teacher (thank you, Mr. Gissel!) I would never have learned.
They don’t teach you to breathe if you become a doctor, so how would anyone know how to teach what they don’t know themselves? But learning to breathe can add 20% or more to a maximum expiration rate, which can be lifesaving for an asthmatic or a person with emphysema. Some of these have been taught breathing, but not everyone.
So here it is, my goofy little video on how to breathe. Enjoy.
- Tummy Breathing… (ankurlearningsolutions.wordpress.com)
- When Less Is More: The Buteyko Method of Reduced Breathing May Be a Cure for Asthma (healthimpactnews.com)
- The 4-7-8 relaxing breath (inspiregreatnessaveda.wordpress.com)
- Mindfulness training can help reduce teacher stress and burnout (sciencedaily.com)
- (Step 3/b) Feel your breath (livingawarenessmeditation.net)