We need to talk. This can’t be your life. Unbelievable as it may seem, change is possible and change is necessary to help you stay alive.
A large study of depressed and anxious people in Australia found that people who were depressed and anxious were almost twice as likely to develop heart disease. They calculated out the other risks first, but the way you think really does affect your heart.
In a massive Dutch study, both anxiety and depression were directly associated with developing hypertension. So every cell of your body reacts to how you think.
We’ve all known this for a long time. It’s time for us to stop even paying lip service to the idea of a mind-body disconnection. The 18th century dissection of the body into different parts and medical specialties has become a stumbling block for the management of chronic illness. When was the last time a head doctor psychologist referred a patient to a heart doctor cardiologist because of depression?
- Do Stressful Jobs Fuel Heart Attacks? (news.health.com)
- High-powered women see heightened risk of heart attack (canada.com)
- Drugged Britain: ARE WE HOOKED ON HAPPY PILLS? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Physical Symptoms Of Depression In Women (answers.com)
- Depression and Osteoarthritis – A Guide to Depression and Osteoarthritis (earlsview.com)
- Nutrition and Chronic Illnesses (observer.org.sz)
- My Black Dog (janinerudin.wordpress.com)
- Chronic Depression and Receiving Social Security Disability (socialsecurityhome.com)
- When life hands you lemons: the new science of positive thinking (canada.com)
- Is High Unemployment Making Us All Sick? (moneyland.time.com)
- Nurses with issues (depression, anxiety, and ADHD, oh my!) (notratched.net)
- Obesity, depression found to be root causes of daytime sleepiness (eurekalert.org)
- Win The War Against Depression With These Helpful Tips (sympathygiftsformen.wordpress.com)
- Gender issue kids suffer depression (bigpondnews.com)
- Depression: Characteristics of C-PTSD!!!!!! (ptsdawayout.com)
- Causes Of Low Blood Pressure (answers.com)
- Is it true that taking care of your teeth can protect you from serious illnesses like heart disease and diabetes? (topdentists.com)
- Anxious Stump (stephvelander.com)
- Depression – How Depression Hurts Your Heart (healthyheart4u.wordpress.com)
- Can a Woman’s Job Raise Her Heart Attack Risk? (webmd.com)
- Is Everything I Do Actually Killing Me? [Ask Lifehacker] (lifehacker.com)
- Coronary Heart Disease (socialsecurityhome.com)
- Fight The Cancer Blues with Exercise (lynne2thin.wordpress.com)