But despite all its health benefits, magnesium cannot meet the extraordinary claims made about it in this week’s grocery store aisles. “Drop Ten Pounds in Seven Days.” Only if you were really constipated and went crazy as soon as you took it.
In the process of making claims that magnesium can’t fulfill, the same magazine puts vitamin D on the spot. Vitamin D is also something I really like as well. It also does some amazing things if you are deficient. But it won’t help you drop weight as claimed.
It troubles me that good, useful supplements are being set up to sell magazines. If people believe the hype and buy the supplements they won’t get results. Then they will assume that “alternative medicine doesn’t work.” It does, but not in that magical fashion. I wonder if even taking amphetamines for a week would drop that kind of weight.
Just because magnesium and vitamin D won’t help you become a stick overnight, there are still good reasons to try them. Magnesium is key in the warm weather, as most of us get enough sodium and potassium but may be short the “other” electrolyte. During the winter months, especially in New England, supplementation with Vitamin D is useful to avoid long term problems and to support the immune system. Talk to your doctor about these useful nutrients.
- Foods High In Magnesium And Potassium (answers.com)
- Boost Your Energy With Magnesium-Rich Foods (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- magesium oxide for twitching (jordanruth1.typepad.com)
- Magnesium carbonate absorption (shawnbostic3.typepad.com)
- 5htp magnesium adderall (terrancescherer.typepad.com)
- On early Earth, iron may have performed magnesium’s RNA folding job (terradaily.com)
- magnesium chelated zinc interactions with adderall (calvinhardy3.typepad.com)
- when to take magnesium and adderall (malcomhatfield.typepad.com)
- Magnesium and Diabetes | This Mineral Could Halt Diabetes (naturalsociety.com)
- The Health Benefits of Chocolate (berries.com)
- What You Need to Know About Omega-6, and Magnesium (mindbodyspiritacademy.org)
- Magnesium: the Multi-Purpose Mineral (bostinno.com)
- Does Your Supplement Contain this Potentially Hazardous Ingredient? (articles.mercola.com)
- The Magnesium Civilization: An Alternative New Source of Energy to Oil downloads (hrimbqm.typepad.com)
- Have You Had Your Magnesium Level Checked? (txwclp.org)